The following steps can be used to setup the CAI Secure Browser on a personal, non-managed Chromebook so that it may be used for formative assessments/AirWays/ClearSight/ILEARN.
- Turn off the Chromebook.
- Press Esc+ +Power.
A yellow exclamation point (!) or "Please insert a recovery USB stick" is displayed.
- Press Ctrl+D to begin Developer mode, then press Enter.
- Press Space, then press Enter.
- When the transition completes, press the space bar, then press Enter to return to Verified mode.
- The device should reboot one final time and display the Welcome screen.
- Proceed through device setup, joining device to a wireless network (Guest for example). The last screen shown will be a sign in screen. DO NOT SIGN IN and proceed to the next step.
- At the sign-in screen, press Ctrl+Alt+E to enter Enterprise Enrollment mode.
- Sign in with the ftstudent.org G Suite Account of the student that the device belongs to.
- Once enrollment is complete, a success screen should be displayed, and clicking the blue "Done" button will return to the normal Chromebook login screen.
- An Apps menu should now be visible on the login screen. Clicking on the Apps menu should reveal the CAI Secure Browser kiosk app.
- Finally, the student should sign back into their device using their ftstudent.org G Suite Account and re-perform device enrollment steps to re-join the FT-BYOD WiFi network.
Specific FT-BYOD device enrollment steps for Chromebooks can be found on the district website or from this link: https://go.aws/3bRvhPS