Follow these instructions to enable the international English keyboard on your Windows 10 device. This will allow users to easily type special characters such as á, é, í, ó, ú, and ñ.
- Click the Windows icon at the bottom left of your screen.
- Click the settings icon.
- Choose "Time & Language."
- Choose "Language" on the left side. Then click the "English (United States)" option.
- Choose "Options."
- Click "Add a Keyboard" and choose the "United States - International" option.
- Now towards the right side of the taskbar, there is an option to switch between the enabled keyboards.
- Once enabled, you will have the ability to type special characters by holding down the right-Alt key while pressing the corresponding letters on the keyboard. This will also work for question marks and exclamation marks.
Follow these same instructions to add additional keyboards to your Chromebook as well.