If you're working in Securly Classroom, and it appears to be missing some class sections, this article can help ensure those missing classes are added.
Securly Classroom is integrated with Google Classroom and Canvas, and picks up new changes overnight when it syncs with both. Please note that changes made will not be visibly effective until the following day.
Step-by-step guide (Canvas)
- Verify that you have your Canvas course(s) split into different sections for the various class periods you teach. To do this, you will click on the Settings option for a course (on the left-hand side navigation list), then refer to the Sections tab:
If you've verified that your course sections are setup properly, you'll next need to enroll as a teacher in each class section, which we'll walk through next.
- Click on the People option for a course and search for yourself on the screen that is shown:
- When your name is shown, you'll click on the three dots on the right-hand side of the screen, then click Edit Sections.
- In the Section Enrollments pop-up, you'll type the name of a missing section or browse for a missing section and add it to the list of sections you're currently enrolled into:
Once you've added all your missing sections you will click the blue Update button to save your changes.
It would also be a good idea to use the steps above to make sure that students are enrolled in the right sections so they also show up in the right sections in Securly Classroom.
- At that point, you're done! You will need to wait until Securly Classroom syncs with Canvas overnight to see the changes reflected in Securly Classroom.